I guess I don't know much about white hat hacking, I can infer that obviously, it is a type of hacking.
2.What you wonder or questions you have about the topic before researching:
- What is White Hat Hacking?
-Why is that the name?
-Can anyone do it?
-What are the tools you need to succeed in white hat hacking?
3.Links to where you found the most useful information
-This link was very useful because it gave me the basic knowledge I needed to understand white hat hacking. It's not very detailed, but it gives you the right amount of information and quickly.
-This link, was WAY more detailed then the other and I learned more about the hackers, what they do, and why they do it.
-This link explained HOW they do white hackers. I liked how at the beginning it said " The term hacker may be used to describe people who steal information from computers, but that's just the dark side of the story." Because I used to think that a hacker would only like get into computers and steal information.
-This link was very interesting because you really learn WHO are the hackers.
4.Bullet list of things you learned about the topic:
-Not all hackers are "bad"! There are people called White Hat Hackers who look at some of the "weakness" of a website and exposes it so that the website can fix it and improve it's security.
-White Hat Hackers are legal, some of them work privately and some of them may even work for companies.
-There are also people who are called Black Hat Hackers and they are like the enemies of the White Hat Hackers, like the ones that do bad hacking.
-There are some famous White Hat Hackers, for example Robert Hansen aka Rsnake.
-The term White Hat Hackers come from The Western Movies where the good guy usually wears a white cowboy hat.
-Some Whit Hackers call the owners of the website so they know that there is something wrong with it, and sometimes they do it anonymously by just leaving a message on the website.
-A short summary of how this topic connects/relates to you or your life:
This topic connects to my life because now i know that not all hackers are bad and that there are good sides to hacking. Learning about this topic made me realize how ANYONE can access your information and that the internet is not safe. Hacking is so easy for some people and even if it's hacking for a good purpose and for improving security, the hackers access the website and maybe look at personal information. I need to be more careful while using my computer.
-Questions you still have:
-How do White Hackers find a weakness in a website?
-How do websites know if they were accessed by a hacker?
-Are there any famous hackers that are anonymous, like that are just known by a nickname and no one knows who they are?

No comments:
Post a Comment