Tuesday, November 20, 2012

College Exploration on Naviance

Two colleges that interest you that you know about right now:
-Georgetown University, I went there with my mom and my sister this summer and I thought it was literally PERFECT. I loved it because first of all the people were so nice, the dorms were beautiful and it gives you so many opportunities for the future.
-North Eastern University, the campus is so beautiful and it offer a lot of activities and classes that I would love to take.

Find two colleges you have never heard of but that interest you and write those on your blog:
Boston University: 
First of all it is in Boston, so that means I would be happy with the weather and location (I know Boston is really cold but I like cold weather.) Also, it has a large campus (and a really pretty, I looked at pictures.)  The SAT's scores are also not that important and the average is not THAT high (1880.)  Adding to that, It has a very large amount of students, I like that because it means you get to meet a lot of new people and also from all over the world. All of these things make it a University I really like.\

George Washington University: 
In this school they accept 37% of students so its not like Harvard (6%). It also offers so many activities that are really cool and the campus is really big, it even has its own Hospital. This University would be great to get into!

     Georgetown University  North Eastern University Boston University George Washington University 
Cost $ $41,393 / $41,393 $38,252 / $38,252$41,420 / $41,420  $41,393 / $41,393
LocationWashington District Of Columbia Boston, Massachusetts Boston, MassachusettsWashington District Of Columbia
Ubann/RuralUrban  Urban Urban Urban 
GPA 4 3.87 3.7 4
Amount of Students  16,937 students 29,519 students 32,727 students 16,937
% Accepted  20% 38% 58% 20%
SAT's 2082 1955 1880
2082

Write your GPA on your blog from first quarter. Now, list under that, the average GPA needed to get into all 4 of those colleges with the college name next to each. Where do you stand? What do you need to do to have a chance of getting into these schools?
My GPA is 3.6, this average is below ALL of the universities I want to go as you can see in the chart above. I need to make even more of an effort in EVERY classs that I can even consider applying.

Summarize what you learned from this experience and tell how it will affect your habits as a student.
I learned that Universities are a very big deal and that they are NOT easy. This is so stressful but I learned how I can improve and that I have to do it if I want to apply and go to the college of my dreams.  Literally I want to take every AP possible and get more involved in school ASAP. 


No comments:

Post a Comment