Monday, May 27, 2013
Growing up online
*15 things that did not surprise you:
-Some people spend more than 6 hours online each day.
-Schools need to update their technology constantly because then students will not learn as much.
-Many students dont't even read anymore they just read summaries online.
-In some ways Bullying is more common online because it's not face to face.
-There are "predators" on the internet.
-Many kids kill themselfvs because of cyberbullying.
-There is a program called turnitin that avoids plagerism.
-People have different identities online.
-Some people are more comfortable online than in real life.
-A lot of people post sexual pictures online.
-A lot of schools have computers as a class.
-Most students know more about technology than teachers.
-Most of the sexual socializations are small.
-Teens hide their online life from their parents.
-Now most medias are aware of predators.
*15 things that surprised you and why?
- Some parties in the us are just going online and hanging out, it aurprised me because ive never been to one of thoea or heard of them.
-Some people only have froends online. This surprised me because it's a really sad thing that people can only be who they are online.
-I didn't realize that we are the first generation to grow up online.
-I didn't know that many people are "inspired" to go into eating disorders.
-There is a website where it tells you what is the best way to kill yourself and how to do it. This was really shocking.
-1 out of 7 teens have been requested sexually on the internet. This os a really large amount of teens.
-People get suspended for fighting online. I didn't know this was such a big deal.
-Some people are doing things to avoid using technology. I really admire this people.
-Now a days more teens have problem with attention because of the internet.
-Adults think that they can only talk to teens through the internet.
-As off 2003 there was cyberbullying. Wow rhis is really early.
-Some people have more that 2000 friends online.
-There are more than 10 million face facebook profiles on the internet.
-Many people are killed because of giving information online.
-Facebook get thousands of new users each day that are naive to its content.
*12 or more things that have changes about tech since the video was made:
-The computers are now much more modern.
-Myspace is mot used so much as it was in 2008.
-Cyberbullying has reduced a lot since 2008.
-Now a days people are more aware of cynerbullying.
-Teachers can now handle sparknotes issues more easily. -Websites like youtube and facebook layout has changed.
-Phones are not as old.
-Classes now have even more technology.
-Now even more people use Facebook.
-We are now taught not to give away our passwords.
-Teachers now encourage technology use.
-Cyberbullying is now a new weapon online.
-1 out of 3 children on the internet are bullied.
-Most of suicides of today are because of bullying online.
-Twitter is now more common than Myspace
-What topic in the video was more UNLIKE your own experiences online and why?
The topic that was the most unlike for me where all the people that were talking about suicide because of things that were saying online to them. This was very un-familiar to me because I have never felt the feeling to end my life because of something someone else has said. I guess I am lucky I am strong enough to deal with those negative comments and I surround myself with people who would never say hurtful things like that to me. It is important to know what people you want to interact online so that this way you can avoid bad things being said to you.
-What advice do you have to parents about kids and being online (should they have your password, be your friends on facebook, monitor your texts? why)
I think parents need to really be careful now a days with all of the things that are happening online. They should be your friends on social media. It's safer that way and they can look at what you are doing and with who you are talking. I think that they should not have their password to kids accounts. Those accounts are personal and I don't think I would be confortable with my parents being on them. Monitoring texts for me is a little weird. I guess I don't want my parents knowing ALL about my life. Parents should ask kids and talk to them, not spy on them.
-What are the biggest benefits of being online,for you, personally?
For me the biggest thing the internet does is connect me with my friends all over the world. Last year I lived in France and i wouldn't be able to talk to them or my brother in London or my cousin in Mexico or my Camp Friends in Los Angeles. The internet helps us keep up with the world that is constantly changing around us. It keeps us neer the people that are so far away and it helps us live a more interactive live full of resources and possibilities. We need to use the internet now a days, but we need to do it wisely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment