*3 goals for the day:
-Find really fun facts about the University
-Find what makes that place worth going
-Finish what I started last class and didn't finish
-Start making the outline for my presentation
Goals 1-3:
Last Class I started fun facts about each university. This is what I did:
*Evidence of what you learned or learned to do and a description of your new knowledge or skills
Fun Facts about:
BROWN:-Brown was established in 1764- The first name it had was College in the English Colony of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations-In 1804 the tuition was 5 dollars
GEORGETOWN: -Founded in 1789-Jack the Bulldog is the mascot
Today:
GEORGETOWN (continued):
-The movie "Exorcist" was written by a student of Georgetown, it was later filmed on campus.
-Bill Clinton went to the University and didn't win the election for class president
-54 buildings make up the university!
GEORGE WASHINGTON:
-Founded in 1821
-It's 4 blocks away from the White House
-2,000,000+ volumes in the library
-Over 100 residential and academic buildings
-1,174 teachers in the University, that is really impressive
BOSTON UNIVERSITY:
-The Boston University Bridge is the only spot in America where a boat can sail under a train driving under a car driving under an airplane. I thought this was a really fun and weird fact haha
-There is an observatory in the top of one of the buildings
-Has its own mini water park
-Founded in 1839
-Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., earned a Ph. D. in systemic theology from BU in 1955
-2 Nobel prize winners are part of the faculty
-2,628 teachers
All of these facts helped me realize some unique things about the University and some of the things that makes it interesting and a place that makes me want to go there.
*Links with description of why they are useful to your goals:
Some links for the facts were:
Here Here Here Here Here Here
These 6 websites were really helpful for me to find some academic and fun facts about all of The universities. Some of theme were articles and even websites of facts of the world. Most of the links I used were facts from the official page of the University. That way I can verify that they are actually true.
Unique things I noticed about Brown:
One thing that I have seen that is unique about Brown is that it has an open curriculum that allows students to choose every single class they want to take. Like no class is mandatory students have more freedom in doing what they want to do. Not many schools offer this and I find this a great opportunity.
*One thing that you want to learn next Google day:
I don't know if there will be another Google day... But for homework I want to continue researching what makes each university special, I didn't have enough time to finish in class.
PRESENTATION:
Okay so my presentation will have many different things included in it.
I am going to make a "movie" using the program Final Cut. This program is great and has many features that are different from any other movie-making program.
1.I will first make a creative title that pops out when you open the link.
2. After that I will write my over all goal and explain why I chose the universities that I did, and some facts about how to/how not to choose a college.
3. I will give a little history about both of the universities
4. I interviewed a GW student so I will edit that and put it in the presentation
5. Then, I will put some pictures of each University going by really quickly so the presentation is not boring.
6. After that I will go into some detail about each of the 4 university's it can't be into too much information because the presentation need to be 2:30min or less so that is a great challenge.
7. Then I will put some of the fun facts that I listed above.
8. In the end I will use many videos that I find of each university and make like a 10 second long mini movies of buildings and the campus.
9. At the end I will put the links I used to make the video. Or maybe I will put them in the description box (in you tube) so people can access them more easily and it doesn't take time off my video.
10. THE END. WOHO.
No comments:
Post a Comment