Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Viruses

1.What you know about the topic before your research:
I think that computer viruses are similar to human viruses, well they "attack" your computer and that they can make it slow down or freezes it. Your computer can get viruses if you download something from the internet or click a link that is bad for your computer.

2.What you wonder or questions you have about the topic before researching (at least 2)
1.I wonder what happens inside the computer that makes all of these changes happen inside of the computer.
2.What are some websites you should avoid that give your computer viruses
3 Is it true that Mac computers are guaranteed to not get a virus?

3.Links to where you found the most useful information (at least 2, NOT Wikipedia, although you can use it to help you)
-Very useful information here
-How viruses work
-What is a virus?

4.Bullet list of things you learned about the topic (at least 5)
*There are millions of viruses all over the world
*Viruses do not infect your computer automatically, YOU are the one who does it, for example if you click an email or access a website that is infected your computer will get the virus.
*Viruses may delete files, infect them and make copies of themselves
*Viruses are spread quickly, it can happen only by clicking a link
*Some viruses are made specifically to destroy files
*Some ways of avoiding to get a virus is not opening the content of an e-mail if you don't know what is inside it!

5.A short summary of how this topic connects/relates to you or your life
Viruses connect to my life because all the time I download music and open links i get in my e-mail that they send me. Now I know I have to be more careful when using my computer because even if I know the person that sent me the e-mail, she/he might have gotten the virus too! I have to always make sure the files that I am opening are safe.

6.Questions you still have (at least 1)
I still don't understand what happens inside the computer! The language the wbsites use is very complicated
:(




No comments:

Post a Comment