Tuesday, September 25, 2012

How do I choose a university that is right for me as a person?

How do I choose a university that is right for me as a person?

1.Websites that were useful:
-How to choose
-Looking ate your options
-Questions you should ask yourself

2.Summary of the information you found that answered the question/topic (this needs to be a well written, informative paragraph or two that others could read and find the answer to the question

As we get closer to graduating the stress starts increasing. We have so many options not just of universities, but of cities... EVEN COUNTRIES. You have to start by that. Where do you want to study? For example I want to study in the United States. Then you need to decide what you want to study and look for universities in the country that offers the courses you need to take the career. After that research the universities and also the state. For example I would love to study in Boston but I would never survive the winter. So I could say i don't want to study in Boston, so then the options are minimized. If you are down to 5-10 options, you need to see if you have the qualities that are needed to be a part of the different universities. It's very likely that you don't meet the qualities in all of them and then your options will be reduced once again. Then you need to look more into the universities reputation and maybe visit a couple of them to really know about them. After all of this you should have made your decision. If you are reading this and are going to apply somewhere I hope this helped.

3.New questions you have about this topic. (at least 1)
After the research I still wonder how long the process of applying to a university is. You take all that time choosing one and then you have to write like a million essays. How do you manage all of that?

No comments:

Post a Comment